7/07/2011

A FAMILY TRADITION

LET's GUESS...What's the common element in this picture?



They are Nails, Pins & Felting Needles

& that represent my Father, my Mother & Myself

INTERESTING?!

Actually, I was quite surprised when I discovered the linkage.
I didn't realized until I prepared the ABOUT ME section in this blog
as well as the PROFILE section in my ETSY online shop.

*****

MY FATHER = Home Decorator & Carpenter 
He was trained & worked as interior decorator in Hong Kong after Grade 5.
He was chosen to fly to Japan back in the 80s to work for a brand name storefront window display.
That's when he picked up my very first HELLO KITTY directly from Japan & I still have it after 20+ years!
He's retired after so many years of hardworking. But he never stops his passion to create.
Here's the great example of his backyard re-do:




MY MOTHER = Fashion Designer & Custom Dressmaker 
She opened her first boutique in 1969 in Hong Kong.
& later another one in Montreal after we immigrated to Canada in the late 90s. 
She has served thousands of clients around the world throughout the decades.
Of course, she was in charge with all my 10 wedding dresses {Yes! 6 @banquet & 4 @photo shoot}
as well as 15 more for my wedding party all by herself! She's amazing!  


ME = I would assume I'm a Part-time Designer & Felter
 I opened the ETSY shop in April 2011 after 6 months of needle & wet felting.
I got the fresh idea to make felted cakes after my trip to Asia in February 2011.
Since then, I have been non-stop to create many different kinds of cakes.
However, that just didn't stop me to look for more brilliant ideas. 
I love things that are multipurpose, that's how I want my cakes that can also be a keepsake.
I will keep to work hard, to felt more special & unique pieces.
That's my passion to design & create!


*****

I have to say that I'm the luckiest daughter whose both parents are so talented & creative.
I believe my passion for designing & creating one-of-a-kind items comes from my family's blood.
Like them, I always try to look for the very best way to create something that's special & unique.
I wish I will be as successful as they are! I love them so much!
I am very thankful for their unlimited supports indeed!


No comments:

Post a Comment